Thursday, April 17, 2014

I´m going to talk about a little piece of technology that means many things to me, it is the cd. The cd technology appeared in the nineties’ while we were listening at the irruption of heavy rock sounds. I was a kid and a started to get interested in music, (i have this uncle who shows me music) and i was with my mother at the supermarket. We were going out until a saw a music store and I got in it. I asked my mother to buy me an iron maiden cd and she acceded so there it is i received my first cd, the first of three hundred cds that I have nowadays collected. All my life i have been listening music, learning about the sounds of the sixties’, the big seventies, the black eighties and the hard nineties’, the experimentation has been wonderful in this last sixty years in music and i feel so grateful because I had the choice to listen what i wanted, i was always in music stores listening up to some new or some old band, connecting processes in my mind about haw the experimentation in art flows through our history. I think i started this passion when i was like eight years old. My life without cds, without the option of listening music and expanding my life experiences would be very different, maybe, maybe not, I cannot say that, but I can say if I hadn´t listen any music in my life for sure it would be another thing that obsessed me.

2 comments:

  1. i love the music like you, o really miss cd´s....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many cd's do you have? I think the cd's change the possibillities of the music, the way that the musicians can record shake up the things-

    ReplyDelete